Microsoft's newest version of its Dynamics CRM platform will make some big strides, according to the company. ZDNet highlighted one of the new system's most significant overall objectives:
Helping sales and marketing departments work together
Microsoft's attempts to break down the walls that separate marketing and sales teams don't center around a single feature, but a variety of different functions that can help a broad array of businesses. One of the major additions is a sales collaboration panel for the marketing side that will help share information and make the exchange of ideas a simpler and more effective process. Sales and marketing calendar collaboration is another important addition that allows staff in both areas to stay up to date on what their counterparts are doing and increase cooperative work. There are also new functions added to
Here are some of the other significant additions to the system for sales and marketing teams:
- Improved process tracking, including the ability to branch processes based on custom rules
- Hierarchies for sales with the addition of smartphone and tablet compatibility
- Suggested selling features, focusing on up-selling and cross-selling as well as bundling similar items
- Multi-channel marketing support and integration
- Improved email editing capabilities
- A campaign management console that offers more in-depth options for managing cross-channel operations
- Improved business-to-business marketing functionality
- Resource management incorporated into the marketing calendar
Along with the sales and marketing enhancements, there are also improvements to other areas including customer service, social listening and changes to custom-set business rules. The new business rule improvements mean that these special settings work in all CRM applications.
Getting the most out of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015
Businesses that want to maximize the return on investment from the new version of Dynamics CRM have to find the right partner for the job. An experienced ERP partner will help companies make the decisions that lead to the most effective and efficient implementation of Dynamics CRM for their needs.
by The TM Group