You may have heard about Dynamics 365, which is the latest offering from Microsoft for small to midsize businesses. This new offering is taking the place of
How will this transition effect me?
- If you're running CRM on-premise there will be no effect on your system.
- If you're utilizing CRM online, you'll transition to a Dynamics 365 licensing plan on your CRM renewal date.
I'm on CRM Online - Why should I switch to Dynamics 365?
- No more flipping between programs and cutting and pasting. With Dynamics 365, the structured workflow of business apps is connected with the unstructured work of collaboration and productivity. This will lead to a much more productive experience.
- 365 uses a common data model, shared with Office 365, to simplify data management and integration across apps and business processes.
- Offers tech savvy business customers/analysts, aka “citizen developers,” (using Power Apps, Power BI Embedded and Microsoft Flow) and professional developers (using Azure platform services) a consistent way in which to compose new apps and easily extend and modify existing ones.
- Comes with connectors that let you integrate with applications and services from Microsoft and our partners - including custom API’s and on premise systems.
- An all new business process flow and business rule visual designer with drag-and-drop functionality
- All new editable grid functionality which allows the user to perform inline editing of records in both the web and mobile clients
What is the difference between Dynamics 365 and CRM Online?
There will be two versions of Dynamics 365
- Dynamics 365 Business Edition for small and medium businesses
- Financials, Sales, Marketing, embedded intelligence, PowerApps and Flow
- Dynamics 365 Enterprise Edition for large, more complex businesses
- Operations, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Field Service, Project Service Automation, embedded intelligence, PowerApps and Flow
Both editions let you choose Apps based on what functionality you need. These Apps are the same CRM functions and screens you currently use. You can choose specific Apps or bundle them all together in a plan. Apps include sales, customer service, operations, marketing, project service automation and more.
What about integration?
Dynamics 365 integrates directly with other Microsoft products like O365, OneDrive, Outlook, Excel, Skype, and more.
If you have further questions or would like more information,
By Sabrina Zimara, DFC Consultants