Microsoft Dynamics 365 is the latest version of Microsoft’s business applications. It includes Microsoft Dynamics 365 CE/CRM (Customer Relationship Management) applications, and ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) applications. As Microsoft has updated, separated, and renamed its Dynamics suite of products over the years, this paper will provide an overview of the main components, or modules of the latest Dynamics product called Dynamics 365 Business Applications.
This article, part 3, is a continuation of "What You Should Know About Microsoft 365 Business Apps."
Supporting Apps in Dynamics 365
Users can create a variety of apps to streamline business processes such as employee onboarding, approval of expense reports, service requests, budget trackers, surveys, and more.
Power Automate (Previously Microsoft Flow)
Microsoft Flow was
Users identify triggers that launch an automated workflow. For example:
- A user might automate the process of routing expense reports for approval. If a manager has had the approval request for two days, that timing could trigger a process that emails the manager asking them to respond.
- Internet visitors completing a form on a business’ website may add a lead to the CRM. That action could launch an email to the sales team requesting immediate follow up. Logic could also be used to send the email to a specific salesperson based on the lead’s interest or location.
Microsoft Power Automate offers an
Dynamics 365 Customer Insights
The ability to draw actionable insights from the customer data a business collects is a critical part of staying competitive in today’s marketplaces. Customers expect a business to personalize their interaction and communicate in their preferred channel.
Users can customize interactive reports to determine how to improve the customer journey. They can also use prebuilt AI models to predict customer needs. Power Apps and Power Automate can be used to further assist the user in gathering and evaluating data. All customer data is shielded by Azure Information Protection to keep sensitive data secure.
Social Engagement (Discontinued)
If you’re wondering what happened to Microsoft’s support for engaging on social media, you need to know that the
Microsoft recommends that you use one of the apps available in their AppSource listings. Right now, there are
Datavail Can Help with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Services
From consulting and development to fully managed services, Datavail offers the Dynamics 365 CRM support you need to take full advantage of all that the Microsoft Dynamics CRM capabilities provide.
Overall, Microsoft Dynamics 365 offers a wide range of capabilities. There are a lot of moving parts just to develop and implement the CRM applications, covering Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, Field Service, and Project Operations.
If you want to increase lead generation, improve your service levels, strengthen your competitive edge, and grow your business, the Dynamics 365 CRM applications can help you reach those goals. But there are challenges you need to address before you can take advantage of the power of Dynamics 365. You may need to:
- Upgrade to the cloud from your on-premises installations
- Migrate on-premises and legacy systems to Microsoft’s cloud applications
- Establish collaboration and access across applications
- Increase adoption of new apps with end-user training and support
- Develop custom apps that you need to integrate with the Microsoft suite
- Improve the self-service capability you offer your customers
- Look for a partner to provide fully managed Dynamics 365 services and 24/7 support
- Improve the reliability of your existing systems to take on more mission-critical tasks
As your partner, Datavail will help you meet all of those requirements and more. We’re one of Microsoft’s preferred partners for enterprise and mid-market customers, and we’ve completed thousands of Microsoft app projects. Our team numbers more than 1,000 people who have a deep understanding of how to align technology with strategic goals. We use our insider status, extraordinary experience, and an amazing team to help our clients take advantage of technology to grow their businesses.
When it’s time for your organization to get to the next level with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Application capabilities,
For a complete overview of all of the Dynamics 365 Business Applications, download
Feel free to