Let’s face it, in today’s fast paced world we’re all looking for ways to get more done in less time. And, keyboard shortcuts are a great way to make sure that the time you spend on the computer will be as productive as possible.
One of the reasons Microsoft Dynamics CRM has become so popular among companies of every shape and size is that it looks and feels so much like the Office suite you’ve been using for years. So, there’s a feeling of familiarity, even when starting the program for the very first time. Even many of the keyboard shortcuts you depend on in Microsoft Office such as Ctrl + X, Ctrl + V and Ctrl + C work exactly the same way in Dynamics CRM.
Beyond these though, there are several more keyboard shortcuts specific to Dynamics CRM to help make your life easier. Here’s a list of my 10 favorite Dynamics CRM 2013 keyboard shortcuts:
- Ctrl + S or Shift + F12 --> Save
- Alt + S --> Save and Close
- Esc --> Cancel a command, or close a selected list or dialog box
- Ctrl + D --> Delete the record (when forms are in Edit mode)
- Ctrl + Shift +S --> Save and then open a new form (Save and New) (when forms are in Edit mode)
- Alt + Down Arrow --> Open the lookup menu with the most recently used items in alphabetical order
- Ctrl + Shift+ 2 --> Open the list menu (when forms are in Edit mode)
- Ctrl + Enter --> Open a record found in lookup with forms in Read-optimized mode
- Alt +Shift +N --> Add a step in the business process editor
- Ctrl + Shift + 3 --> Tab to the Navigation Pane
Want even more handy Dynamics CRM 2013 keyboard shortcuts? Check out the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 user guide
Haven’t yet upgraded to the latest version of Dynamics CRM or are thinking about making the switch from another CRM platform?
By: Laura Heinbockel, Intelligent Technologies, Inc., A NC Dynamics CRM Partner