If you could contact some of the world's most influential social thought leaders to find out how they use social media to connect with customers and drive sales, what questions would you ask them? And who would you ask?
The 8 questions that the Microsoft Dynamics CRM team decided on are:
- What are three key elements of an effective social strategy?
- Who are the top 5 people you follow on social?
- What are your top 3 tips on how to get up to speed on social?
- How has engaging your customers on social benefited your company or your clients?
- What are some tips on dealing with negative sentiment on social?
- How important is social listening to your marketing team or marketing teams in general?
- How important is social listening to your customer service team or customer service teams in general?
- How important is social listening to your sales team or sales teams in general?
Once you know the questions, you need to know who to ask. Here are 12 people considered thought leaders in social media and social selling:
- Clara Shih (@clarashih) - Clara is the CEO and Founder of Hearsay Social and also a board member of Starbucks. She is the author of The Facebook Era.
- Brian Solis (@briansolis) - Brian is the Principal Analyst at Altimeter Group and author of What's the Future of Business (WTF).
- Morgan Norman (@meetmorg) - Morgan is VP of Revenue Generation at Zuora
- Michael Brito (@britopian) - Michael is the group Director of Content & Engagement at The W2O Group.
- Jessica Smith (@JessicaNow) - Jessica is the Senior Marketing Director at FlexJobs.com.
- Ryan Holmes (@invoker) - Ryan is the CEO of HootSuite.
- Jason Miller (@JasonMillerCA) - Jason is the Senior Content Marketing and Social Media Manager for LinkedIn Marketing Solutions.
- Brian Carter (@briancarter) - Brian is the CEO, Lead Consultant and Keynote Speaker for The Carter Group.
- John Andrews (katadhin) - John is President of the Katadhin Group
- Stephane Samson (@stephanesamson) - Stephane is the Group Brand Director for Lotus F1 Team.
- Brian Kelly (bkkelly) - Brian Kelly is Chief Marketing Officer at InsideView.
- Steve Hibberd (sjh0811) - Steve is Co-Founder and CEO of Tiger Pistoll.
- Anya Ciecierski (@crmsoftwareblog) – Just kidding, they didn’t ask me! I am not an influencer…yet.
The answers from these 12 experts, with unfiltered responses, are published in a new eBook by Dynamics Café:
Each social media expert gives their honest, concise and insightful answers to each question in an easy to digest format. They provide real-world answers for dealing with real customers in social media and building trustworthy relationships with them. You can learn all of these insights as well as step-by-step tips for building a strong social media presence with your business by downloading the eBook: Social is For Closers at
By CRM Software Blog Editors, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Partner Directory