Microsoft’s commitment is strong than ever. It’s no wonder they rank very high as the customer relationship management software solution for businesses of all sizes. Sales of Microsoft Dynamics CRM have reach over the million user mark.
Microsoft’s current release of CRM is Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 with a new release expected in the later part of 2010 or early in 2011. It offers great functionality out-of-the-box with which to address your line of business needs. However the real power lies behind the ability to tailor a system that provides your organization with increased business benefits. Microsoft Dynamics CRM is not a traditional CRM product; it’s a business solution framework.
The Microsoft Dynamics CRM roadmap consists of Accelerators, Solutions, Integrations, and Developer Tools with which to expand its capabilities. I’m providing just highlights of what’s available without getting into all the third-party add-ons. I’ll save that for a future Blog.
Free of Charge CRM Accelerators are being developed for Microsoft Dynamics CRM and are supplied with full source-code. Customers and partners are encouraged to configure and extend further to meet specific requirements. These accelerators quickly broaden marketing, sales, and service capabilities.
- Social Networking Accelerator allows business professionals to monitor and analyze customers’ conversations on social networking sites.
- Customer Portal Accelerator for Microsoft Dynamics CRM provides businesses the ability to deliver portal capabilities to their customers while tracking and managing these interactions in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
This accelerator includes:
- Event Management – provides event calendar presentation and web registration management for events.
- eService – which allows web portal customers to access, modify, and create specific records that relate to their service relationship.
- Customer Care Accelerator focuses on delivering contact center enabling functionality, such as the ability to create a unified desktop by combining data elements from disparate lines of business applications and displaying it in a single user interface.
- Business Data Auditing Acceleratorprovides basic audit capabilities for organizations.
- Extended Sales Forecasting Accelerator enriches the out-of-the-box sales forecasting capabilities.
A complete listing of Accelerators can be found at
- Non-Profit Solution for CRM Online customers (Microsoft’s cloud based solution)- this solution includes Management for Donations & Pledges, Members & Constituents, and Campaigns & Events, along with tailored dashboards and reports.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP – The Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP connects critical business processes such as sales orders, inventory status checks, and customer credit limit verifications in real-time to speed up accurate fulfillment of orders.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM SDK recently updated in May 2010
For more information on how Microsoft Dynamics CRM can benefit you
The latest edition of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Statement of Direction white paper is now available for customers. It is the primary communication mechanism for all things relating to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM roadmap. To view the roadmap
By Njevity, a