There was a lot of talk at Convergence 2015 about a new focus of the event – away from the traditional Dynamics software user conference to more of an executive level “Microsoft vision” event.
In a document promoting Convergence 2016 to sponsors Microsoft stated, “This year at Convergence Satya Nadella talked about how we are going to help every organization do more – by making computing more personal, by reinventing productivity and business process and by building the intelligent cloud. The evolution of Convergence reflects the further integration of Dynamics as part of Microsoft’s core business. We are expanding the reach of Convergence with additional focus being placed on the business influencer roles within our customer organizations. Microsoft Dynamics GP and the community will continue to be a key member of this new era of Convergence, and we remain committed to the Microsoft Dynamics Partner Community. We look forward to seeing everyone in New Orleans next year!”
Convergence Attendee Demographics
These statistics from Convergence 2015 were just released by the Microsoft Convergence team to promote Convergence 2016 in New Orleans (April 4-7, 2016).
A few highlights of Convergence 2015 attendee demographics:
- Manufacturing was the largest industry representation (30%).
- More than half of attendees were at Convergence for the first time (52%).
- Most attendees were Business Leaders and IT Professionals (27% each).
- Enterprise organizations, over 100+ employees, accounted for 39% of the audience.
- Dynamics CRM was the product that most people were evaluating (60%).
- Dynamics CRM users were the largest group (43%) followed closely by Dynamics GP (39%) users.
More highlights of Convergence 2015:
- Attendees represented 51% business roles and 49 % technical roles.
- Over 300 unique Microsoft partners showcased their products, solutions and services.
- Convergence 2015, held in Atlanta, attracted more than 12,000 individuals including attendees, press, speakers and staff.
- 76 countries were represented at Convergence 2015 in Atlanta.
- More than 500 prospects attended the event.
- 96% of Convergence attendees stated they would attend again.
If you are considering attending Microsoft Convergence 2016 these statistics will give you a good idea of who else you can expect to meet there.
Stay up to date with event news at
by CRM Software Blog Editors,
Originally published at: