Marketing Automation refers to software platforms designed for marketing departments and organizations to automate repetitive tasks. Marketing departments, consultants and part-time marketing employees benefit by specifying criteria and outcomes for tasks and processes which are then interpreted, stored, and executed by software, which increases efficiency and reduces human error.
Originally focused on bulk email marketing delivery, marketing automation refers to a broad range of automation and analytic tools for marketing. One example of this extension is direct lead, prospect, or customer interaction. By leveraging CRM and Silverpop’s Core Motives product you can also create Events and Surveys following these easy steps.
In this particular scenario, our Client was using Core Motive to send out an invite to Mortgage Industry Experts for an Event they were hosting. They had already created their targeted marketing list and built out the campaign details in CRM. The next step was to build out the content messaging in the email send via Core Motives. Below are the simple steps they followed.
Creating an Event:
1. In the 2013 environment, under the main navigation drop down select Marketing, then Campaigns.
2. Create an Event Name, Proposed Start Date, End Date, etc. then hit save. Once saved the Marketing Lists will be selectable.
3. Attach a Marketing List (Note: Marketing List should be established ahead of time)
4. Go back to Home Screen and choose Core Motives
5. Select a New Mailing; fill out the required information as displayed below and click save.
6. Schedule the Event Send and track RSVP responses by Event and Contact.
Creating a Survey:
1. In Core Motives go to Web Forms
2. Set up a New Web Form; give it a Name and determine the look up behavior and type of record to create (contact, lead, etc.), the redirect URL and Save.
3. You can map fields back into CRM from the web form by creating fields below. You can move fields around on the form as well as insert images. When trying to find a match in your CRM (email field is most common) you need to make that field required.
4. Below is a sample preview of the web form
The benefit of using a Core Motives seamlessly with CRM is you can quickly and easily manage multiple sends for each Campaign. For example you can send an Event Save the Date, Event Invite, Event Reminder and Event Thank You and track against one Event Campaign. You can also track opens, click-throughs and responses against the individual contact record. With the embedded rich statistics you can track where and how long the contact is spending time on your website. This can help drive a more comprehensive and personalized message with specific, relevant content.
Please contact Customer Effective to learn more about how we can help your business deliver tangible results around your Sales and Marketing Automation strategy.