In an era where seamless communication between different business applications is imperative, integrating your
- A Dynamics 365 environment
- Azure Active Directory
Creating App User:
1. Setting up Azure App Registration:
- Navigate to your Azure Active Directory and create a new Application Registration.
- Set the Name – this will become the name of the user in Dynamics 365.
- Leave the supported account type as Single tenant (default value).
- Copy the Application (client) ID and the Directory (tenant) ID for later use.
2. Generating Client Secret:
- Navigate to Certificates & Secrets and click New client secret.
- Select the expiry date for the client secret. Save the secret Value for later use.
3. Setting API Permissions:
- Navigate to API Permissions and select Add a permission.
- Under Microsoft APIs, select Dynamics CRM.
- Under Delegated permissions, select user_impersonation, and then add permissions.
Adding The Application User to Dynamics 365:
1. Open the Power Platform Admin Center as a System Administrator, and select your Dynamics 365 Environment, then select Settings.
2. Navigate to Application users, under Users + Permissions.
3. Click New app user, click Add an app and select the App you created earlier.
4. Select the Business unit to add the app user to (root business unit).
5. Assign the System Administrator security role to the user.
Creating Integration in
2. Enter the app id value and the app secret value that were created earlier.
3. The Tenant Id value is taken from your App Registration.
With this integration, your
By Koren Tako,