Microsoft Dynamics 365 (Sales, Finance, Business Central) is a powerful system that acts as the very heart of your business operations. While all Dynamics solutions have a broad feature base, there are always certain business processes or workflows that are just outside of the scope of what Dynamics 365 can do. There is a vibrant community of add-on products that have built-in integrations with Dynamics 365 that fill many of those needs.
But what if you use a cloud app that doesn’t have a native integration?
Fear not. Even if your favorite cloud application isn’t Dynamics 365-aware, with a little help from KingswaySoft Integration Gateway and a simple configuration, you can leverage Webhooks, a standard Internet technology, to create your own reliable, on-demand, real-time integration, thereby keeping your data in sync and thus avoiding data silos and incongruent data that result from using independent systems.
What Are the Benefits?
- Real-Time Integration. Data received from your cloud application is immediately published to a message queue, such as Amazon SQS or Azure Service Bus, or saved to a filesystem of your choice.
- Set It and Forget It. The Integration Gateway, once configured, runs as a Windows Service. That means it is set to run when your server boots, and stays running in the background, silently doing its duties and keeping you in sync – even if there is no user logged in.
- Connect to Any Online Service. If your cloud app supports Webhooks, Integration Gateway can connect to it. Period.
- No More Schedules – Always Listening. In the past, it was common for integration tools to poll a server or a database at regular intervals (for example, every 5 minutes) just to see if anything had changed. With Integration Gateway and Webhooks, data is synchronized as it is changed, eliminating the need for constant checking. ETL projects can be run only when the data changes.
- Keep Your Data Local. Integration Gateway runs on your local systems, giving you full control over how and where your data is stored and processed once it is received.
How Does Integration Gateway Work?
Once installed, Integration Gateway presents you with a simple, easy-to-use interface to configure the webhooks and destinations required. It is fully configurable, allowing you to create an HTTP listener with any security and port configurations you require, as well as a connection with your message queue or file system.
As soon as a change is made in your cloud app, it sends a message to the Integration Gateway via a Webhook. Since the Gateway is always listening, it receives the data and instantly saves it to the connected messaging queue or file system. That action then triggers other pre-configured tasks, such as SSIS packages or other processes, which carry the data the rest of the way, saving it in your Microsoft Dynamics solution and routing any necessary integration data back to the source. All of this happens in near real time, ensuring that the data you’re seeing in Dynamics 365 is always accurate and up-to-date.
What Apps Can Integration Gateway Connect to?
As mentioned previously, Integration Gateway can connect to any modern cloud application that uses Webhooks. However, it does come with some predefined integrations for:
And of course, you can define your own. As for outbound connections, you can connect to the following message queue servers:
- Amazon SQS
- Azure Service Bus
- IBM MQ
- Or save to the File System
Stay in Sync with Integration Gateway
As you can see, Integration Gateway is a versatile tool to help connect most any cloud service with your ERP or CRM. If you’d like to see an example of how it works, check out our
We encourage you to learn more about Integration Gateway and what it can do to streamline your workflow by keeping everything in sync.
By KingswaySoft |