At Microsoft’s recent Inspire event, there was a lot of excitement around Microsoft Teams. “Collaboration” was a common theme throughout a lot of the presentation, and all signs point back toward Teams as the platform to facilitate that.
Microsoft has made it clear that it wants to establish Teams as the center of the desktop and mobile workspace.
Microsoft’s vision of connecting collaboration platforms, aka Teams, with business apps is Microsoft’s vision for the modern workplace; a digitally transformed workplace. Teams provides all the collaboration features for chat, phone calls and video conferencing, but it’s also the front-end for accessing business apps, like Dynamics 365.
I believe that Microsoft bringing Teams meetings, calling and collaboration functions into Dynamics 365 will have huge advantages.
A few real-life examples I can think of are:
- A customer support rep using Teams can communicate via phone/video call while having their customer record open in Dynamics 365 to reference past interactions, company contacts, etc. without having to switch applications.
- If a person’s email address is incorrect, they could update it while they are on the Teams call so sales and marketing contacts can get through the next time they try to reach out.
- The rep can take notes during the call and those notes are automatically saved against the customer record for others to see.
- With workflow, you could set up notifications so anyone connected to the customer could be notified of changes to the account record and what was discussed during the customer service call.
Microsoft Teams + Dynamics 365 is powerful stuff.
To prove this Microsoft commissioned Forrester Consulting to conduct a
I think it is impressive that the report showed that:
- Microsoft Teams reduces the total number and duration of meetings.
- By Year 3, online meetings replace 150 overnight trips.
- Information workers save 4 hours per week from improved collaboration and information sharing.
- Decision makers improve their time-to-decision by 17.7%.
- Less time is spent switching between applications each day.
- IT compliance and eDiscovery costs are reduced by 13.2%.
These are the kind of numbers that really add to the excitement around Microsoft teams, from every level of the organization, from IT to the CFO.
Download the infographic:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 + Teams + Crowe
By Ryan Plourde, Crowe, a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Gold Partner
Follow us on Twitter: