Adding e-signature capabilities to your document workflows in Microsoft Dynamics 365 can eliminate manual, inefficient tasks and deliver a 100% digital signing experience to your customers and partners.
In this post I will give you a basic understanding of Adobe Sign for Dynamics 365 and an overview of how to:
- integrate Adobe Sign with Dynamics 365
- create data mapping for Adobe Sign
- create predefined template for Adobe Sign
- send document for signing
What are the pain points of the manual signing process?
- Communication gap among legal and sales team of both the parties.
- Broken work-flows.
- Approval delays.
- Endless time going into the physical flow of agreements for stamping, signing and storage.
- Unstructured physical storage resulting in a delay in access.
What business problem does Adobe Sign solve?
Eighty percent of businesses still struggle with paper-based processes that are slow, error-prone, and fragmented. Workers spend countless hours hunting down approvals and ink signatures—and then print, scan, fax, or mail documents to get the job done. These delays are frustrating to customers, business partners and employees, and ultimately reflect poorly on the company’s brand.
Adobe Sign helps business transform paper processes, making 100% digital workflows a reality with trusted and legal e-signatures.
With Adobe Sign, workers and organizations can:
- Get signatures in minutes, not days – Workers can easily request signatures from others, sign documents, and track and manage the entire process electronically.
- Work anywhere, on any device – Signers click a link to sign documents from any location, at any time of day, using a browser or mobile device. No account signups or downloads are required.
- Add to your systems and processes – Integrate Adobe Sign into the systems and applications you’re already using today. Nothing changes except the speed of your workflows, and ease of gathering signatures.
- Ensure legal and security compliance – Adobe Sign delivers the highest levels of security, availability, and legal compliance. We are the world’s trusted leader in secure digital documents and standout digital experiences.
Adobe Sign for Microsoft Dynamics 365
Adobe Sign is part of the Adobe Document Cloud suite of services. In addition to the integration with Dynamics 365 Sales, Adobe Sign now supports the Field Service and Customer Service modules so you can add Adobe Sign e-signature capabilities to even more of your document workflows.
Key Features of Adobe Sign
- Send contracts and agreements for e-signature.
- Recipients can sign and return contracts from any device.
- Merge data from Dynamics 365 into contracts and push data from signers back into Dynamics 365.
- Completely automate your signature and contract processing by embedding Adobe Sign into Dynamics workflows.
- Keep track of the document throughout the signing process with status updates and reminders.
- Automatically attach signed documents and audit trails to the relevant customer record.
Configuring Adobe Sign for Dynamics 365
To use Adobe Sign for Microsoft Dynamics 365 there are a few requirements. You must:
- Have Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM 8.2 or later.
- A licensed enterprise-level Adobe Sign account or an enterprise-level trial account
- Verify that the email address of the Adobe Sign account-level admin is the same as the installing Dynamics CRM admin.
- Provide all the owned domains that your users could be using in their email addresses (Do not include public use domains like gmail.com, yahoo.com etc.).
- Obtain a list of all users in the Adobe Sign system using your owned domains.
The online version of the package is installed from Microsoft’s AppSource store:
- Log in to Dynamics as a Dynamics Administrator at https://home.dynamics.com/
- Click the “Get More Apps” button
- Search for Adobe Sign
- Click “Get It Now”
Post Install Configuration (Required)
Install the Integration Key
New installations require an integration key to be generated in Adobe Sign and then entered into Dynamics. This key is the access token that authenticates the Adobe Sign and Dynamics environments to trust each other and share content.
- To generate an Integration Key in Adobe Sign:
- Log in to your administrative user for your Adobe Sign account
- Navigate to Account > Adobe Sign API > API Information
- Click the Integration Key link in the middle of the page
Verify Legacy Form Rendering is Disabled
Enabling Activity Feeds on Adobe Agreement entity
Deploy Adobe Sign to Users by Assigning Security Role
Every Dynamics 365 user that is expected to use the Adobe Sign application needs to have their security role configured in the Dynamics environment.
The security roles are:
- Adobe Sign Reader –Allows the user read-only access to Agreement records.
- Adobe Sign User - Allows the user to work with Agreements and other application entities. This role permits the user to see only their own records
- Adobe Sign Administrator – This role includes additional privileges in addition to the Adobe Sign User role such as adjusting Global Settings, Data Migration and allowing visibility over all Agreements throughout the applicatio
Licensing Adobe Sign for Microsoft Dynamics 365
There are several license types to choose from depending on your needs. You can choose from single user or multi-user packages with prices ranging from $9.99 to $29.99 per month*. Speak with your Microsoft Dynamic 365 Partner to discuss your options.
*Note: Check current licensing plans for up-to-date pricing.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 from Crowe
Adobe Sign is Microsoft’s preferred e-signature solution. Add Adobe Sign to Microsoft Dynamics 365 and get your documents signed faster than ever. You can send, sign, track and file documents and contracts with legally-binding, globally compliant e-signatures—all without leaving Dynamics 365.
By Salinee Sachan, Crowe, a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Gold Partner
Follow us on Twitter: