Save Thousands of Dollars by Bringing on a Project Manager
Some may say paying to have a Project Manager is too costly, but I will be discussing 5 benefits of having a Project Manager to help manage your further project and how the benefits outweigh the cost.
5 Advantages of a Project Manager
Know What You Are Paying For and Save Thousands
Down below are some benefits that Project manager brings to a project:
1) Scheduling: our project managers have access to their entire teams’ schedules and can coordinate and schedule meetings as needed. By having this to coordinate with multiple parties it saves lots of time. When trying to coordinate with multiple parties, days or weeks can go by before a time is locked in. For you having to be the scheduler for meetings, the project manager can split that time in half.
2) Budget: amongst many of project managers main jobs is to monitor and hold the project team to stay within the budget for that specific project. With having to deal with project architects and developers, as much as they try to stay under budget, more often than not they go over budget because it’s not their main job to worry about the budget but to do their jobs. Having a Project Manager to help monitor that budget will help your team prioritize and maximize their time so they don’t waste time. On projects without a project manager, teams often find going over budget as they don’t monitor the hours because of times spent on tasks.
3) Scope: one of many other key aspects to a project managers job is to monitor and manage the scope of the project. While working on projects it can be super easy to fall into a process where developers and other leads allow scope creep and modifications to the project that are outside of the scope. This leads to an additional budget that was not expected, and timelines that are longer than anticipated. The project manager can help make sure that scope creep will not affect major deadlines and priorities.
4) Risks & Issues: a major reason many like to have a project manager on their projects is to help deal with any potential risks and or issues that could come up. Having someone or something that can assess those risks, what they may do or cost to the project and help identify the best way to assess those risks is a key factor to project success. A project manager helps manage those risks so they don’t affect your deadlines. Many times these risks postpone deadlines because there isn’t one resource dedicated to tackling these obstacles.
5) Efficiency & Direction: project managers directly work with the project team to assess tasks, and ensure that those tasks are taking the project down the right road. Most times without a project manager, tasks are identified too early or aren’t relevant for the immediate needs of the project. With project managers this efficiency can be avoided.
As you can see all 5 of these key points are beneficial to having a project manager. More often than not the time project manager cost is added into a quote and contract so you know what you are paying for. Although having to pay for a project manager is another cost for a project, you will save thousands of dollars by bringing on a project manager to help use your time and budget efficiently.
As a Microsoft US Partner of the Year and Inc. Magazine's Best Places to Work winner, JourneyTEAM helps your organization with the right guidance and technologies for you. Contact us.
Article by: Dave Bollard - Head of Marketing | 801-436-6636
JourneyTEAM is an award-winning consulting firm with proven technology and measurable results. They take Microsoft products; Dynamics 365, SharePoint intranet, Office 365, Azure, CRM, GP, NAV, SL, AX, and modify them to work for you. The team has expert level, Microsoft Gold certified consultants that dive deep into the dynamics of your organization and solve complex issues. They have solutions for sales, marketing, productivity, collaboration, analytics, accounting, security and more. www.journeyteam.com
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.