The next major cloud update for Microsoft Dynamics 365 arrived this month! The upcoming Business Applications October 2018 release comes with a host of features and enhancements that we are really excited about.
As mentioned previously, all Dynamics 365 users will have to migrate to the new version by January 31, 2019 to take advantage of the continuous update deployment recently announced by Microsoft. Now that plans for the first major cloud update have since been released, here are the five new features and enhancements that we are most looking forward to:
- Deeper integrations between Microsoft products and other platforms, such as LinkedIn and Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint integrations for web portals. This will offer a seamless user experience and allow for more efficient collaboration and communication across organizations.
- The result of years of artificial intelligence work by Microsoft, new AI capabilities will promote proactive insights and actions to enhance your sales performance and planning, by recommending follow-up tasks or conversation starters with clients or prospects, for example.
- New Power platform capabilities will combine Power BI, Power Apps, Microsoft Flow and Common Data Service for Apps, providing powerful tools to extend, customize and integrate Dynamics 365 and Office 365 into your environment.
- Various enhancements to Dynamics 365 applications will become available, bringing a host of new features to the Marketing, Sales and Customer Service applications. These new functionalities will maximize efficiency and business processes across your organization.
- Introduced with version 9.0 of Dynamics 365 Online, the new Unified Interface provides an enhanced, responsive user experience. While some features as still unavailable with the new interface, upcoming updates will provide these new functionalities.
The October 2018 release will bring significant change and functionality to Microsoft Dynamics 365 applications, and we are excited to see these new features in action. With the upcoming continuous update deployment, users will also be able to benefit from new features and improvements on a regular basis, propelling Dynamics 365’s constant evolution.
By JOVACO Solutions,