Should you buy a Sales Professional or a Sales Enterprise user license for Microsoft Dynamics 365?
Here is a summary of the differences between these two license types. Our customers cross both editions, however the ones that fall into the Professional category are very happy they are now only paying for the features they need.
|Features||Sales Professional||Sales Enterprise|
|$65 per user per month||$95 per user per month|
|User Cap||No Cap||No Cap|
|Lead & Opportunity Management||•||•|
|Marketing Lists & Sales Campaigns||•||•|
|Competitors, Sales Goals & Territory Management||•|
|Product Taxonomy & Relationships, Hierarchies||•|
|Product & Price Lists||•||•|
|Quote, Order, Invoice||•||•|
|Social Engagement/Gamification/Voice of Customer||•|
|Mobile Offline Sync||•|
|PowerApps & Microsoft Flow||Included||Included|
|Create Cases||•||• (New!)|
|Customization – Custom Entities*||Max 15||Unlimited|
|Customization – Business Process Flows*||Max 5||Unlimited|
|Customization – Custom Workflows*||Max 15||Unlimited|
|Customization – 3rd Party App Installs||Max 10||Unlimited|
|Reporting & Analysis|
|Export to Microsoft Excel, Advanced analytics with PBI license||•||•|
|Real time sales reports and dashboards||Max 5 Report Customizations||Standard and custom|
R/D + SRS reports
|*3rd Party solutions added from AppSource do not count against this limit. Limit to size of 3rd party solution.|
The team at Crowe CRM has spent countless hours studying the licensing details of Microsoft Dynamics 365 so you don’t have to.
We can help you answer questions like these:
- What Microsoft Dynamics 365 license types do my sales people need?
- Can we get a combination of license types for different roles?
- Can we easily move up or down in license types?
- These features that are not available in Professional, what are they and do we need them?
- Competitors, Sales Goals & Territory Management
- Product Taxonomy & Relationships, Hierarchies
- Social Engagement/Gamification/Voice of Customer
- Mobile Offline Sync
- Relationship Insights
- When could it cause problems to have a limited number of customizations and forms?
- What do the differences in “Real time sales reports and dashboards” in Professional vs Enterprise mean for my company?
Are you ready to evaluate Microsoft Dynamics 365? Let Crowe CRM help you determine the right Microsoft Dynamics 365 licensing for your company.
Check out our offer “
By Ryan Plourde, Crowe Horwath, a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Gold Partner
Follow us on Twitter: