Your organization runs on data and the more automated and streamlined your data management processes, the more successful you will be at optimizing your operations.
With today’s technology, you can easily transform many of the manual processes that fill your employees’ workdays, freeing them up for more productive tasks.
Connecting and exchanging data across your business units allows you to respond more quickly to challenges and opportunities.
You can have a smooth flow of data and processes across marketing, sales, service, operations, and supply chain. With unified systems, employees can provide better customer service and spend more time on profitable activities.
Optimized operations can:
- Simplify financial procedures such as workflow-driven purchase approvals and budget reviews to reduce time wasted tracking down signatures.
- Reinforce consistent business processes by implementing workflows that guide employees to follow critical procedures—such as safety and inspections.
- Automate functions to improve customer communication. Send emails at critical points in customer order processing—such as order confirmation, production updates, and shipping notices.
- Track product history.
Optimization in Action:
Making the most of the data required to meet regulatory compliance, a bio-med company automated every aspect of their supply chain. Through automated data collection, the company is prepared for any recall through:
- Expirations and serialized parts at the lot
- Tracking back one step to their vendor and forward one step to the receiving physician for every item.
- Captured e-signatures to document receipt of product and accompanying disclaimers at the time of delivery
This is just one example of how efficient use of data can optimize business operations.
Perhaps digital transformation could work for your business in ways you have not yet explored. Contributing members of the ERP/CRM/ERP Cloud Software Blogs have put together a white paper: What the Heck is Digital Transformation and What Does It Mean for Your Business? Read 6 more real-life experiences of how digital transformation is working in unique ways to enhance business processes.
Download now and feel free to contact our expert authors listed at the bottom of the white paper for suggestions about how digital transformation can help you optimize your business operations.
By CRM Software Blog Writer, crmsoftwareblog.com