There has been a lot said already about the reimagined user interface in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 (
1. Edit information in the record line with a tap or click – without flipping to another screen or opening a new window.
- Edit a contact’s image by clicking on it
- Click on a phone number to call your contact via Skype or Lync
- Click or tap on an email address to send a message
- When you click or tap a field, you can see the fields you can edit
2. Quickly create any type of record with a click on the “Create” button on the nav bar. Then select the record type and enter all of the key data that you have on hand – come back and complete the information at any time.
3. Add Notes without leaving the screen. In a record, just click notes and begin typing. You can also attach pictures or documents this way.
4. Move through the stages of a guided business process easily by clicking on the process bar at the top of the screen. You can also enter data into the process bar with a click or tap.
5. Track your key decision makers more easily by editing data inline and using lookup lists to track stakeholders and their role in the decision making process.
6. Edit product fields on the screen where you’re working to easily enter details like price, quantity, and discount.
7. Records are saved automatically every 30 seconds or when you navigate to another record, so you no longer need to save every time you edit a record. You do still need to save when you create a new record, however.
To learn more about CRM 2013 and what else is new and different in this release,
By Socius, a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Partner in Ohio and Kansas (http://www.socius1.com/)