In today’s fast-paced business world, it is virtually impossible to function effectively without a decent CRM (customer relationship management) software system. Just as computers eventually eclipsed typewriters, CRM software has eclipsed cruder makeshift methods, such as a spreadsheet combined with an Outlook contact list. But CRM software can be an expensive prospect. Here are five ways to save money on purchasing and implementing CRM software:
1. Consider Cloud Services - In general cloud services can offer you savings on hardware and support personnel. On-premise solutions certainly have their benefits, but if you do not have the hardware and network infrastructure to handle it, a SaaS (software as a service) solution may save you money.
2. Avoid the Add-on Shopping Spree - Add-ons are very tempting. Anyone who likes technology will salivate at the chance to get a new browser extension or new mobile phone app, but too much of anything can be bad for you. Add-ons are no different. Do you really need all the add-ons you want? You might save by limiting your choices to ones your company will actually use.
3. Plan for Customization and Scalability - You can be overly prepared for business growth, paying for far more than you may ever need. You can also be under-prepared and end up having to make costly upgrades. Neither is good for your business.
4. Choose a System that Fits Your Current Tech Base - If you happen to have Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft Dynamics GP already running in your office, it only makes sense to go with Microsoft Dynamics CRM for your customer relationship management. Your IT department will be better prepared for new technology that plays well with your current software.
5. Shop Around - Not all CRM solutions were created equal. Do your homework and find one that fits with your business. For example, a full-featured deployment of Salesforce may cost you $195/month, while a deployment of Dynamics CRM with a similar feature set is only $59/month. You can save a lot just by knowing what you need and searching for the best-priced solution.
If you are looking for help evaluating CRM software, give us a call at 201-951-6488. We provide customized business software using Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and the latest Microsoft development tools: .NET and Microsoft SQL server.
By PDG Consultants,