Construction and specialty trade companies are struggling in today’s economy. They are looking for ways in which to help drive new sales as well as repeat business to existing customers. They often see sales staff turnover, sometimes even to their competitors! In addition, they are developing or purchasing new lines of business to help diversify their companies. These market trends are putting more pressure on their internal systems to provide the data and insights needed to be successful.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is a highly flexible tool for companies to manage their marketing, sales, and customer service initiatives. As we speak to construction and specialty trade companies, however, we often hear the initial question “How can Microsoft Dynamics CRM be extended to meet our unique needs in the construction industry?” At the
The Construction Accelerator for Microsoft Dynamics CRM provides sales and marketing functionality that is unique to the construction and specialty trades industries. Some examples include:
- Dashboards. Sales Manager and Sales Representative dashboards to help them have the right information at their fingertips.
- Prospect Data Collection. Provides sales reps the ability to easily collect data about a prospect’s locations (e.g., type of building, type of heating and cooling, # of floors, etc.) as well as the equipment at those locations (e.g. type, serial numbers, model numbers, etc.). Use this data to market to your prospect pool as well as more effectively on board a new customer.
- Bid Management. Manage bids by line of business (e.g., T&M service calls, maintenance contracts, and projects/jobs) as well as by role (e.g., prime contractor with subs, sole bidder, subcontractor to a prime, etc.). Track due date and time, other division engagement, sales process and probabilities.
- Subcontractor and Supplier Bids. Track all bids that subcontractors and suppliers provide to you as part of your bid to the end customer.
- 3rd party Relationships. Manage 3rd party relationships such as property managers. Bids can be tracked to both end customers and 3rd parties so you’re always clear to whom you’re bidding.
- Unique Workflows. Numerous workflows help facilitate the bidding process such as auto-notification of a lead estimator to help put a bid together or auto-notification of additional departments or divisions within a company when they should be engaged on a bid.
- Competitor Tracking. Track industry centric skills for your competitors.
By The TM Group, a Michigan Microsoft Dynamics Gold Certified Partner for Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics SL, Microsoft Dynamics NAV and SharePoint.