With the advent of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 right around the corner, the choice between Salesforce.com and Microsoft Dynamics CRM just got a lot easier. If you are a business that utilizes Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Outlook, choosing Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 over Salesforce.com makes a lot of sense.
Here are the key differentiators that make us feel Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is the better investment:
1) Office Experience
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a true Microsoft Outlook application, not just a plugin
- SFDC is repealing Outlook features; for example, users can’t manage opportunities and leads anymore
- SFDC Outlook plugin can be a point of failure. This is true of any CRM vendor doing integration with Microsoft Office, Microsoft will always be one step ahead on this front.
- CRM 2011 inherits security and data privileges…SFDC does not
- CRM 2011 allows charts, lists, iFrames to be displayed…SFDC only reports
- CRM 2011 data is real time…SFDC has a lag of 30-60 minutes
- CRM 2011 allows for unlimited data refreshes. SFDC limits refreshes
3) Inline Analytics
- CRM 2011 offers Inline Analytics...SFDC does not have a parallel offering
- SFDC users must leave their task or process…open reports or dashboards..and hope that they don’t get distracted
4) One-Click Drill Down
- CRM 2011 offers One-Click drill down…SFDC does not have a parallel offering
- SFDC users can click on a static image of a chart to pull up the full report. From the full report they can drill down…much less clicks with CRM 2011
5) User Interface Customizations
- CRM 2011 offers a new drag and drop capability for end users that is so easy
- SFDC offers UI personalization…but users can’t revert changes
- SFDC personalization features are for power users and administrators only
6) Value Matters
- CRM 2011 Online - $44/user/mo. – one version. A promotional introductory price of $34/user/mo. was recently announced and will be available through June 30 2011.
- SFDC Professional - $65/user/mo.
- SFDC Enterprise - $125/user/mo.
- SFDC Unlimited - $250/user/mo.
7) Hidden Costs – aka, the SFDC Tax
- CRM 2011 Online - $44/user/mo. – one version, one price. Includes 5 GB data storage, mobile client, web portal accelerator that you can customize, knowledgebase, and document management options (simple - out of the box, robust - out of the box SharePoint 2010 integration (SharePoint purchased separately)
- SFDC – Data Storage (5GB) - $1,000/year. Professional / Enterprise provide 20 MB of data and 600 MB of file storage/user.
- SFDC – Mobile $/user/mo.
- SFDC - Knowledge Base - $/user/mo.
- SFDC - Customer Portal - $/user/mo.
- SFDC - Partner Portal - $/user/mo.
- SFDC – SLA – Not Available. CRM 2011 has a 99.9% uptime, financially backed SLA.
Need to decrease the number of users? SFDC does not allow the number of user subscriptions purchased to be decreased during the subscription term.