So you know that your organization would benefit from a CRM solution - but now it's decision time. Not only do you need to pick a solution but you also need to pick a deployment method, either hosted Software as a Service (SaaS) or on-premise that you host yourself. Because some CRM software solutions are limited to only one deployment method, it is a good idea to know what type of deployment best fits your company before you begin comparing CRM solutions.
There are a few basic indicators that should help you decide whether to go with hosted CRM or on-premise CRM.
SaaS is the right choice for you if you...
- Do not have internal IT staff and/or hardware to support on-premise software.
- Are looking for a short implementation time-frame (the solution is readily available to you whenever your business is ready for the solution).
- Prefer a monthly software fee rather than a large upfront investment.
On-Premise is the right choice for you if you...
- Need a large number of customizations made to your CRM to support your business processes.
- Have data access needs that require two-way integrations with other applications, like your ERP system.
- Can afford an upfront software and implementation cost that can be recouped during a payback period resulting in greater long-term cost benefits than paying a monthly fee.
- Have an on-site IT staff and the hardware to support the system readily available.
Regardless of whether you select a hosted or on-premise CRM implementation, the best long-term solution for your business is to choose a CRM software with a flexible deployment which will allow you to switch between their on-premise and hosted deployments as your business needs grow and change.
By Holly Chamberlain and Tom Furr, CRM Solutions Consultants at Socius, an