Having all of your information in your
Find information faster and more efficiently when you understand how the system works. Here are some tips for finding the information you need to do your job:
- Utilize the top search bar to search all records, not just what appears on the page you’re on. You’ll pull all of the results from accounts, contacts and leads.
- Use the ‘wild card’ * before your search. This will allow the search to pull all records with that word anywhere in the title rather than pulling results of listings that start with that word. For example:
If you are searching for ‘Backyard Adventures’ and search for ‘Adventures’, nothing will come up. However if you search for ‘*Adventures’ you will pull all data with that word anywhere in the title.
- The accounts page allows you to access even more filters to narrow down your search. Select the filter icon
and then use the arrow next to the column you want to filter.
Choose custom filter and set the parameters you’re looking for and hit ok.
- Export your data to Excel directly from your search query without having to run an Advanced Find. Use the filter features listed above and select the information you want to export.
- The Advanced Find feature is your best friend when it comes to doing in-depth searching and building lists built on specific criteria. It allows you to search based on any field, out-of-the-box or custom, that is in your system.
- Every time you open the Advanced Find remember to click on new. If you don’t, you won’t be able to add new rows or queries. Another great tip – open a new window with an individual account. Find the exact field you’re looking to search for and take note of the name. Sometimes in Microsoft Dynamics CRM there are different fields with similar names. You want to ensure you’re looking in the right spot for the data you want.
- The And/Or feature allows you to drill down even further. Make sure to select the rows you want to include in the and/or condition. Once they are selected, you can use this feature.
- You can save your searches and queries so they show up every time you need them. You also have the ability to send your searches to other CRM users so they too can use them.
9. If you’ve ever gone through multiple records and undertook the tedious task of updating one field over and over and over and over again, you know how much of a pain that is. In Microsoft Dynamics CRM you can bulk edit an entire list! Use Advanced Find to pull a list, select all records and from there you can edit them all, add them to a marketing list, add to a quick campaign, assign them to specific sales people, run workflows, run reports, or export to excel.
- If you need in-depth, custom reports SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is the tool to use. However, Microsoft Dynamics CRM makes creating those SSRS reports easy with the Fetch XML tool. Once you run your query, hit Download Fetch XML and you’ll see an XML file of what we see on the screen.
Once you have this, it can be downloaded and inserted into an SSRS report. It will save time when you’re developing custom reports through SSRS.
What other tips have you learned when running queries and looking for information in Microsoft Dynamics CRM?
Do you have other questions about advanced finds?
by DFC Consultants