What keeps you awake at night? If you’re an asset-based company, whether your assets are medical devices, machinery, software or what have you, I would venture a guess that what keeps you up at night is tracking and regulatory compliance. It could be tracking by lot and serial number, tracking product recalls, RMAs, support incidents, contract renewals.
Altico Service + leverages
- Visibility into the full lifecycle of a product from parts sourcing to the location of the finished product.
- The ability to gage key metrics such as profitability.
- Superior yet cost effective customer support.
- Improved handling of constantly changing regulatory requirements and the resulting business risk.
- Enhanced employee satisfaction and productivity.
Built on the Microsoft Azure platform, Service + is an integrated solution that extends the functionality of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 with a self-service portal for customers or partners. With Service +, companies can:
- Track individual products in the field – past ownership, present ownership, and current physical location.
- Associate the individual product to customers, products, cases, vendors, and maintenance renewals.
- Track Return Merchandise Authorizations (RMAs) and apply workflows to manage the process.
- Collect and report on Customer Product Input (CPI).
- Better manage customer service contracts with “low balance” and other notifications, thereby facilitating incremental revenue.
- Assign assets to Vendors in order to provide visibility into the source of component and supplementary parts.
Service + clients have the ability to create and update RMAs, CPIs, and Service Requests directly within a cloud-based portal.
Do these scenarios strike a chord?
Scenario I – Fielding Support Calls: When, for example, a customer service representative fields a support call, he or she can simply ask for the caller’s name, immediately see the devices linked to that person and organization in Service +, and determine the specific model and serial number. The rep can then utilize existing the Knowledge Base or workflows to resolve the issue or route it to a specialist.
Scenario II – Regulatory Compliance: If a regulatory agency requires the company to notify all owners of a specific product, Service + makes it possible for you to access the appropriate client lists in Microsoft Dynamics CRM so that you can rapidly identify owners of the affected product and send them an e-mail with the relevant details.
By Marcia Doron, Altico Advisors,