If you work in Outlook all day, every day, then you’re probably in the majority. In the corporate world, email is the way we communicate, get projects done, and ultimately run our businesess as efficiently as possible. You’re probably also very comfortable in Outlook if you’re in there all day. Adding a system to this already seamless functionality can seem scary at first, but it really doesn’t need to be.
One prime example of this enhanced functionality is the ability to do a mail merge:
- From the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Outlook Client or the Web Client, select recipients(s) from the entity list view or from within a particular record and then click the Add tab.
- Click Mail Merge.
- Under Start with a: Select blank template since you are creating a new template.
- Under Merge: Select Selected records on current page.
- Under Select data fields: Click on the data fields button. This is where the fields that can be inserted into your template are chosen.
- Microsoft Office Word will be automatically opened.
- Click the Add-In tab and click on CRM.
* Follow Microsoft Word’s Mail Merge wizard panel:
* Choose Recipients
* Insert the date, address block, body of the letter and signature and format appropriately.
* Complete the merge by printing.
These steps were taken from
If you have any questions about using email with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, please contact us at Sherwood Systems.
By Sherwood Systems –