A common goal of any CRM project is to make the solution easy to use and easily accessible wherever its users are (in the office, working at home, flying on a plane, at a client site, etc.). This is even more prevalent for sales teams, because they need to focus on their clients, not on their systems. One of the common solutions to overcome this challenge is to mobilize your CRM either on a phone device or offline access on laptops. We’ve had several customers wanting to mobilize their CRM that we created a quick start implementation program, just to get these people up and running fast.
These solutions work great in certain business circumstances but they do have limitations of screen size on phones and portability/usability on laptops. CWR Mobility has recently released an application that integrates iPad devices with Dynamics CRM On-premise and Online to enhance CRM accessibility. The iPad is of course a great device for emailing, taking meeting notes, reading news articles, watching movies or reading eBooks and of course getting some stress relief by slinging Angry Birds! However many organizations and individuals can’t fully justify the device for business productivity. This CWR application may finally be the answer to fully justify the iPad in the workplace!
Here are a few key features of the tool and common uses that I find extremely useful:
- Access to CRM data while out of the office – allowing both online and offline use.
- A very user friendly interface that does not require much training because it is a full native iPad application.
- It is very easy to setup custom views/screens with only configuration.
- You only need to configure the application once to work on all mobile device types (iPad, iPhone, Windows Mobile and Blackberry).
- Just some of the many business productivity uses…
- Record CRM activities quickly when at a client site or in the parking lot after the sales call.
- Put together sales account plans while on plane or sitting in the airport.
- While at the customer site review open orders, invoices, service activities, etc.
- Create a sales quote right at the customer site for the sales manager to review in CRM.
- Enter service cases quickly to get those customer issues escalated to the correct group quickly.
You can download the application for free from the iTunes app store today to give it a try. It comes with a sample database you can test out. If you would like to synchronize information with your CRM to fully try out the application you can contact us to help setup a 30-day trial license for you.
Now you can justify your iPad purchase even more than ever!
by Ledgeview Partners, Wisconsin Microsoft Dynamics CRM Partner